25/08/2011

Some Curious New Sculpture...

Curwen Gallery welcomes artist Pierre Julien


Yesterday morning we were joined in the gallery by a very interesting new artist, Pierre Julien.
He very kindly showed us a selection of his new work (pictured above and below) which we will be showing, as a group, in our Christmas Show .As you may be able to see from the image above the animals are made from many hundreds of rolled up slices of newspaper (Metro!) , glued together to make a solid form.   
These works, as well as many others, will be shown in the gallery from 1-23rd December for the Christmas Show.Private view on 30th November .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pierre these are great, I often wondered how you were doing good luck with the show. I often see Stewart Taylor but I am living in Jakarta setting up a new university. Say hi to Jill give her my best. I am still making work and using photography at the moment. Best Regards Pete

    ReplyDelete